Apple Pie French Toast
Brighten up your day with this quick and easy, delicious Apple Pie French Toast. A perfect breakfast treat. With cinnamon whipped cream and apple pie filling. The perfect combination of sugar and spice flavors.
I started making French Toast as a preteen. It was one of the first breakfast foods that I learned to make. One of the first foods I made on the “stove”. I remember thinking that I was pretty skilled because I could make something on the stove, not just peanut butter and jelly sandwiches that I served on a paper plate.
I was so proud of my skill that I could not wait to make it for everyone. Oh, how many times I had spent the night at my best friends house and made french toast for her and her family. I remember getting up early before everyone and quietly making it as a surprise for them. Thinking back on it, my friends family was very kind to me. I am sure it was not the best tasting french toast.
I have learned a few things over the years about french toast. For example, if you use bread that is still slightly frozen it makes it easier to dip in the egg mixture. It does not absorb as much of the egg mixture, just the right amount.
For a crispy outside make sure the pan or griddle you are using is just hot enough to hear the bread sizzle but not too hot that you burn the butter.
The thing I have learned the most about making french toast is- always make more than you think you need. You can never eat just one piece! Oh, and if you make too much, french toast freezes great!
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup of Milk of your choice
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon of Apple Pie Spice
- 18 slices of bread of your choice (french bread, white bread)
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter
- For the Whipped Cream
- I pint of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1Tablespoon of Confectioners Sugar
- 16oz can of Apple Pie Filling
- 1/2 cup of Maple Syrup
- In a shallow dish such as a pie plate whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla extract, apple pie spice, and set aside briefly.
- In a 12-inch skillet or an Electric Griddle melt butter over medium heat.
- Lightly Dip bread in egg mixture. Cook slices until golden brown, then flip to cook the other side.
- Serve with maple syrup or cinnamon whipped cream and apple pie filling.
- To Make Cinnamon Whipped Cream: In a large chilled bowl. using a mixer set on medium-high speed, Beat the cream, sugar, cinnamon, until stiff peaks form. Do not overbeat.