Oven Baked Chicken Sandwich with Provolone Cheese Served on a Pretzel Bun. Delicious!
These oven baked chicken sandwiches are definitely an easy to make family favorite. Perfect to serve for a weeknight dinner.
I bought my pretzel buns from the bakery but if you’re feeling adventurous here is a recipe for Homemade Pretzel Buns
My cost breakdown for this recipe is:
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves=$3.72
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 tsp Paprika- pennies
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder-pennies
1/2 tsp Onion Powder-pennies
1/2 tsp Chili Powder-pennies
1/4 tsp Salt-pennies
1/4 tsp Pepper-pennies
6 Slices of Provolone Cheese or your favorite cheese=$1.02
6 Bakery Fresh Pretzel Buns=$3.00
Approximate Total- $8.00 serves 6
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 6 Slices of Provolone Cheese or your favorite cheese
- 6 Bakery Fresh Pretzel Buns
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Mix seasoning together in a small bowl.
- Rub chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle both sides with 1/2 tsp of seasoning. Place chicken in a deep sided pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Flip chicken and cook until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F
- Top with cheese and allow to melt in oven for a few minutes.
- Serve on Pretzel Bun